You might be aware of the responsibilities that owning leather furniture pieces entail. While you are ready to take these responsibilities, knowing how to take proper care of them is another story. For most consumers, leather furniture possesses a visual appeal that other types of furniture materials cannot match. However, given maintenance tasks you have to carry out to preserve the beauty of your leather furniture, makes the decision-making process a bit of a challenge. Cleaning your leather furniture does not have to be rocket science. Heed these general leather cleaning tips:
1. When taking a new cleaning approach, start in a hidden area. If the method does not work out as expected, any undesirable result will not be noticeable.
2. Use a clean sponge or absorbent cloth in wiping up spills and spots. If need be, you can use a moistened cloth with lukewarm water. Allow the furniture to air dry naturally.
3. Although there are stubborn stains that cannot be easily removed by water, using abrasive cleaners are not also advised as they can harm your furniture. There are cleaning products that are specially made for leather materials. Use them instead.
4. Stains from oil, butter, or grease must be wiped off using a clean dry cloth. Allow it to sit as the spot will dissipate into the furniture.
5. For persistent stains, you need to schedule an appointment with a leather specialist so you do not end up damaging your leather furniture.
6. For leather furniture pieces with minor scratches, you can use a chamois to minimize the appearance of scratches.
Additional Tips For Cleaning A Leather Chair Or Sofa
A vacuum cleaner is enough for cleaning your leather furniture. You can also apply a leather conditioner every six to twelve months to protect your furniture when exposed to sunlight. Avoid placing your furniture in areas where it will be exposed to direct light as the leather will fade due to sun exposure.
The Benefits of Leather Furniture
Durable: Leather furniture pieces are essentially durable. While they cannot be impervious to various types of abuse including cat and dog scratches, their protected leather counterpart can withstand these conditions.
Easy to maintain: Another great quality of leather furniture pieces is that they are easy to maintain. Under normal conditions, all you have to do to keep your leather furniture in great shape is to wipe up spots and spills with a soft cloth. There is no need to use detergents, solvents or soaps to get rid of stains. Purchase cleaning agents which are intended for leather materials.
Longlasting: The best thing about leather furniture pieces is that you do not have to buy another furniture set after a few years because the materials are made to last. Leather furniture pieces are a good investment because the material can last longer than fabric.
The next time you decide to invest in leather furniture, be sure to keep these simple cleaning tips in mind. Leather sofas or chairs are going to last long when they receive regular maintenance. Call a professional leather specialist today to give your leather furniture the care it deserves.